Epsom Salt and Lavender Bath Bomb Recipe:
- Epsom Salt: Epsom salt is known for its muscle-relaxing and detoxifying properties. It can help soothe sore muscles and promote relaxation.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda can help soften the water and soothe the skin.
- Citric Acid: Citric acid is what gives the bath bomb its fizziness when it reacts with baking soda. It’s a key ingredient in bath bomb formulations.
- Cornstarch: Cornstarch helps bind the ingredients together and adds a silky feel to the water.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil adds moisture to the bath bomb and can help nourish your skin.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender oil is well-known for its calming and aromatic properties. It can help you relax and unwind.
- Dried Lavender Flowers: Adding dried lavender flowers not only enhances the visual appeal of the bath bomb but also provides an extra touch of aromatherapy.
- Natural Food Coloring (Optional): If you want to add color to your bath bomb, you can use natural food coloring or natural colorants.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of Epsom salt, 1/2 cup of baking soda, 1/2 cup of cornstarch, and 1/2 cup of citric acid.
- In a separate small bowl, melt about 1/4 cup of coconut oil in the microwave or on the stovetop until it’s liquid.
- Add 10-15 drops of lavender essential oil to the melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Slowly drizzle the oil mixture into the dry ingredients while constantly mixing. Use your hands to break up any clumps and ensure an even distribution of moisture.
- If you’re adding natural food coloring, mix it in at this stage. Be careful not to overdo it; a few drops should be enough to achieve a gentle hue.
- Once the mixture holds its shape when squeezed together, you can start packing it into your bath bomb molds. Press it down firmly to ensure it’s compact.
- Before the mixture dries, press a few dried lavender flowers into one half of each mold.
- Allow the bath bombs to dry and harden in the molds for several hours or overnight.
- Gently remove the bath bombs from the molds and let them air dry for another day or two.
- Once fully dry, your Epsom salt and lavender bath bombs are ready to use!
These bath bombs combine the relaxing properties of Epsom salt and lavender essential oil, creating a soothing and fragrant bath experience. Just drop one into your bathwater, watch it fizz, and enjoy the benefits!