- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons dried lavender buds (optional)
- 10-15 drops lavender essential oil
- Witch hazel or water (in a spray bottle)
- Purple or lavender bath bomb colorant (optional)
- Bath bomb molds
- Prepare Your Work Area: Set up your workspace and gather all the ingredients and tools you’ll need.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine the baking soda, citric acid, Epsom salts, and cornstarch. If using dried lavender buds, add them to the mixture and mix well to distribute them evenly.
- Add Lavender Essential Oil: Add 10-15 drops of lavender essential oil to the dry mixture. Mix thoroughly to ensure the scent is evenly distributed.
- Add Color (Optional): If you want to add a touch of color to your bath bombs, you can add a small amount of bath bomb colorant to the mixture. Mix until the color is well incorporated. Remember that lavender color is associated with relaxation.
- Spritz with Liquid: Gradually spray the mixture with witch hazel or water while mixing with your hands. Be careful not to over-spray, as too much moisture can prematurely activate the fizzing reaction. The mixture should hold its shape when squeezed without being too wet.
- Pack into Molds: Firmly pack the mixture into your bath bomb molds. Overfill slightly and press the molds together firmly to compact the mixture.
- Release from Molds: Carefully tap the molds or gently unmold the bath bombs onto a flat surface. Let them dry for several hours or overnight.
- Store: Once the bath bombs are fully dried and hardened, store them in an airtight container or individual wrapping to preserve their freshness.
To use your lavender-scented bath bomb, simply drop it into a warm bath and watch it fizz while releasing its soothing aroma. As you relax in the fragrant water, the combination of lavender scent and the calming effects of the bath can help ease stress and promote relaxation.
Remember, creating your own bath bombs is a creative and enjoyable process, so feel free to customize the recipe and experiment with different amounts of lavender and essential oil to achieve your preferred level of relaxation.