Eco-Friendly Bath Bomb Recipe:
- Epsom Salt: Epsom salt is a natural mineral that provides muscle relaxation and detoxification benefits.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda softens the water and soothes the skin.
- Citric Acid: Citric acid creates the fizziness in the bath bomb.
- Cornstarch: Cornstarch adds a silky feel to the water and helps bind the ingredients.
- Coconut Oil (Organic and Fair Trade): Coconut oil provides moisturizing properties and can be sourced sustainably.
- Essential Oils (Organic and Sustainable): Choose essential oils like lavender, chamomile, or citrus oils that are sustainably sourced.
- Dried Flowers or Herbs (Organic and Ethically Sourced, Optional): Enhance your bath bomb with dried petals, lavender, or chamomile flowers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of Epsom salt, 1/2 cup of baking soda, 1/2 cup of cornstarch, and 1/2 cup of citric acid.
- Melt about 1/4 cup of coconut oil in the microwave or on the stovetop until it’s liquid.
- Add 10-15 drops of your chosen sustainable essential oil to the melted coconut oil.
- Slowly drizzle the oil mixture into the dry ingredients while constantly mixing. Use your hands to break up any clumps and ensure even distribution.
- If desired, add a small amount of dried flowers or herbs to the mixture.
- Test the mixture’s consistency by squeezing it. It should hold its shape without crumbling apart.
- Pack the mixture firmly into bath bomb molds. Press the mixture down to ensure a compact bath bomb.
- Allow the bath bombs to dry and harden in the molds for several hours or overnight.
- Gently remove the bath bombs from the molds and let them air dry for another day or two.
By using sustainable and ethically sourced ingredients, you can enjoy your bath bombs guilt-free while minimizing your environmental impact. Remember to recycle or repurpose packaging materials and share your eco-friendly approach with others to inspire sustainable self-indulgence.
Creating eco-friendly bath bombs is a wonderful way to care for yourself and the planet simultaneously, allowing you to indulge in relaxation without compromising your commitment to sustainability.