- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Glitter or shimmer powder (cosmetic-grade)
- Essential oils or fragrance oils of your choice
- Witch hazel or water (in a spray bottle)
- Bath bomb molds
- Prepare Your Work Area: Set up your workspace and gather all the ingredients and tools you’ll need.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine the baking soda, citric acid, Epsom salts, and cornstarch.
- Add Glitter or Shimmer: Depending on how much shimmer and sparkle you want, add a desired amount of cosmetic-grade glitter or shimmer powder to the dry mixture. Mix well to evenly distribute the shimmer.
- Add Fragrance: Add your chosen essential oils or fragrance oils to the dry mixture. Mix thoroughly to ensure the scent is evenly incorporated.
- Spritz with Liquid: Gradually spray the mixture with witch hazel or water while mixing with your hands. As always, be cautious not to over-spray, as excessive moisture can trigger the fizzing reaction prematurely. The mixture should hold together when squeezed without being too wet.
- Pack into Molds: Firmly pack the mixture into your bath bomb molds, pressing down to compact the mixture and ensure the glitter is evenly distributed.
- Release from Molds: Carefully tap the molds or gently unmold the bath bombs onto a flat surface. Allow them to dry for several hours or overnight.
- Store: Once your bath bombs are completely dry, store them in an airtight container or individual wrapping to maintain their freshness and sparkle.
To enjoy your glitter and glam bath bomb, simply drop it into a warm bath and watch as it fizzes and releases its shimmering effects. The combination of fragrance, color, and sparkling glitter can make your bath feel like a magical and indulgent spa experience.
Remember to use cosmetic-grade glitter that is safe for skin contact to ensure the best results. Keep in mind that while glitter can create a stunning visual effect, it’s a good idea to clean the bathtub after use to avoid leaving residue behind.